UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to edit BSP drivers?

Hi all; I want to change the codes of the BSPs created. e.g return values of some functions... My project structure is like the picture below. I created a BSP and LwIP echo server application. (this application works fine).

But when I try to change the codes in parts related to emac, these changes are not reflected. It is like default BSP's are hard coded and I 'm unable to modify these. I found this answer, it is related to my question but unfortunately when I apply the instructions in the this link, a lot of errors appeared, like Some files or macros or types  are not found/defined. Standalone folder comes full of errors.. etc. 

So my question is, how can I transform these BSP and drivers into editable form and use these without getting errors, what is missing ?

Thanks..

project.jpg

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to edit BSP drivers?

If you want to change the source code of a driver, or bsp library file. You will need to either modify the source in the EDK install. Or, copy the bsp or driver to your project and add them in repository is SDK
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/32309.htm

Then if you make a change. If you then do a rescan of the repository, your changes will be seen
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. Still no success
I want to edit the emac driver which can be found in
C:\Xilinx\SDK\2013.4\sw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\drivers\emacps_v1_06_a

So what I understand is, this driver should be copied into repository.

I copied it to the
C:\my_repo\custom_lib\drivers

So path of the driver is now
C:\my_repo\custom_lib\drivers\emacps_v1_06_a

sor0.jpg

I added my repo to the global repository list as follows Xilinx Tools -> Repositories.

Rescanned, applied, clicked OK and restarted Workspace.
Now, I right click to my BSP and choose Board Support Package Settings
There is none, generic and emacps in ps7_ethernet_0

sor0.jpg

I thougt that might be because of they have same names. I tried changing folder name and/or mdd file but result is still same.
So, what is missing, I cant see the name of the driver in the repository. What more should I do?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Make sure you change the line 'BEGIN driver emacps' to the new driver name in the mdd file. If you still don't see the new driver name, then check the SDK repository settings.

BTW: remove any spaces from the dir name of your new driver.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's ok to have your local driver have the same name and version as the SDK-provided one if you intend for it to be a replacement -- if there's a conflict, the local driver wins.

The step you're probably missing is that even after editing the file and rescanning the repositories, you must explicitly clean and build the BSP project before it will include the changed files.

0 Kudos