cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

How to get multiple custom IP addresses to show up in xparameters?

I've got some custom ip that connects to multiple AXI buses with each bus connection having it's own offset address shown in the address editor. For instance:

ip_top_0  IP0_AXI  0x44A6_0000

ip_top_0  IP1_AXI  0x44a7_0000

ip_top_0  S_AXI     0x44a8_0000

My problem is that only the very last address shows up in the xparameters.h file generated by the bsp. So for this case I get:

#define XPAR_IP_TOP_0_BASEADDR 0x44A80000

with none of the other bus addresses showing up at all. Does anyone know what I've got to do to generate all the bus addresses in xparameters? I suspect there's some TCL that needs to be customized somewhere but any pointer to where or how would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Teacher
Teacher

so you are saying that the PS has access to the same IP through multiple parallel branches? That's an interesting configuration. Are you sure PS doesn't get only one unique path to the IP and the address you see is the address of that path?
Even if you have multiple paths to the same IP, why would you care which one you use and why would you care about the other addresses?
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Because in this case each of the paths into this custom IP connect to a different peripheral within the IP-- in this case JESD204B converters. I don't think this is a very unusual configuration based on other posts I've seen.

But back to the original question. In the "Addressing and Memory" section of "Package IP", I can define all sorts of memory block parameters and give them names and labels and descriptions, but none of it shows up in SDK. How can I make the address parameters show up in  the SDK?

Thanks

0 Kudos