cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to hang a BRAM off the AXI interconnect in Zynq?

Hi, all. I'm trying to use AXI CDMA to transfer datas from memory map to memory map. One memory map is buffers in PS(Processor Syetem), and another is a Block RAM in PL(Programable Logic).

Firstly, the BRAM should be hung off the AXI interconnect, but I have no idea how to.

I find that there is a IP core named AXI BRAM controller in XPS(EDK14.2). It seems  could be used to do this. But I am not familiar with embedded system design in zynq. I have no idea how to make use of this IP core, especially how to allocate address space for the IP core.

Anyone help me out ?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to hang a BRAM off the AXI interconnect in Zynq?

Start from here: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_2/edk_ctt.pdf to get yourself familiar with EDK tools.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, all. I'm trying to use AXI CDMA to transfer datas from memory map to memory map. One memory map is buffers in PS(Processor Syetem), and another is a Block RAM in PL(Programable Logic).

Firstly, the BRAM should be hung off the AXI interconnect, but I have no idea how to.

I find that there is a IP core named AXI BRAM controller in XPS(EDK14.2). It seems  could be used to do this. But I am not familiar with embedded system design in zynq. I have no idea how to make use of this IP core, especially how to allocate address space for the IP core.

Anyone help me out ?  Thanks.

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to hang a BRAM off the AXI interconnect in Zynq?

Hi , ywu. Thanks for your replay.

I am very doing this at the present. It's really helpfull.

0 Kudos