UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

How to make an AXI Lite Master IP without processor ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I Have an IP which is AXI Lite Master, and I want to use it to access others IP's registers (UART, IIC, ..) with the AXI Lite bus.

So I used in VIVADO 2015.3 one of my design which had a microblaze, Uart and IIC.

I deleted Microblaze, MDM, BRAM and finally I added my IP, connected it to the Interconnect instead of the microblaze.

Validate design says everything is correct.

The point is that the existing IP uart and IIC are not mapped anymore, and when I try to launch simulation or synthesis I get errors.

May be :

- The project has somewhere old elements associated to the processor, so now it crashed because it can't find it ?

- VIVADO doesn't allow address mapping without a processor ?

- Any other solution ?

Thanks for your help !

Stephane.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: How to make an AXI Lite Master IP without processor ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

The fact is that I never did a master IP for now, so I didn't noticed until now the dedicated section in the IP Packager !!!

Once it is filled properly everything goes fine.

The only thing strange with the BD editor is that the Address Editor Page is still present when you delete the elements to which its content is associated to in the BD.

It's a little bit disturbing, but when you close and open the project it goes away.

Ok, so I can continu my work !

Thanks again.

Stephane.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

I assume this is a custom IP that you've packaged in Vivado? Can you post a screenshot of its 'Addressing and Memory' page ?

Can you also post a screenshot of your address map in IPI?

If there is an interconnect in the design, it should allow you to use the Address Map to setup the addressing, no processor required.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

The fact is that I never did a master IP for now, so I didn't noticed until now the dedicated section in the IP Packager !!!

Once it is filled properly everything goes fine.

The only thing strange with the BD editor is that the Address Editor Page is still present when you delete the elements to which its content is associated to in the BD.

It's a little bit disturbing, but when you close and open the project it goes away.

Ok, so I can continu my work !

Thanks again.

Stephane.

View solution in original post