cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

How to read BAR0 with PCI Express End Point Wrapper

I am using AvNet's PCI Express board with Virtex-5. PCI Express deisgn is working ont he board and I can Read/Write to the BAR0 of the board using PCITree. But I am puzzled about how to read/write BAR0 in the MicroBlaze code? What offset I need to give in to XPcie_mReadReg to be able to read 1024 entries of BAR0?

Thanks

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: How to read BAR0 with PCI Express End Point Wrapper

I have seen one Avnet design for PCI Express it does not use XPS or Microblaze.  PCI Tree is a PC program not requiring a FPGA Processor.  To write a C program

running on the PC is a advanced skill because you have to know how to write a Windows Driver to talk to the PCI express interface.  It can be done on the PC

much more easily if you use Jungo's Tool.  They offer a trial of their product but is only for about 30 to 60 days.  I think it costs alot to buy though something like 5 K.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for reply.

Actually I am talking about accessing BAR memory area from inside the FPGA. I am using PCI Express Endpoint Wrapper which connects with the PCI Express Endpoint. But I cant figure out how to read the values which I have written in the BAR memory area using PCITree. I have worked on Device drivers for Windows in the past so the Host side part is easier. Main problem is inside the FPGA where information is scant.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

I worked a little with XAPP859 (DMA).  It requires serial communications/serial commands/data transfers to and from the PCIe device (no Microblaze)

done by state machines/memorys.

There is a new App note on the PCIe bridge that uses the Microblaze.  Don't know a lot about how that would work.

Message Edited by golson on 08-06-2009 08:59 AM
0 Kudos