UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor shahbazali
Visitor

How to read BAR0 with PCI Express End Point Wrapper

I am using AvNet's PCI Express board with Virtex-5. PCI Express deisgn is working ont he board and I can Read/Write to the BAR0 of the board using PCITree. But I am puzzled about how to read/write BAR0 in the MicroBlaze code? What offset I need to give in to XPcie_mReadReg to be able to read 1024 entries of BAR0?

Thanks

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar golson
Scholar

Re: How to read BAR0 with PCI Express End Point Wrapper

I have seen one Avnet design for PCI Express it does not use XPS or Microblaze.  PCI Tree is a PC program not requiring a FPGA Processor.  To write a C program

running on the PC is a advanced skill because you have to know how to write a Windows Driver to talk to the PCI express interface.  It can be done on the PC

much more easily if you use Jungo's Tool.  They offer a trial of their product but is only for about 30 to 60 days.  I think it costs alot to buy though something like 5 K.

0 Kudos
Visitor shahbazali
Visitor

Thanks for reply.

Actually I am talking about accessing BAR memory area from inside the FPGA. I am using PCI Express Endpoint Wrapper which connects with the PCI Express Endpoint. But I cant figure out how to read the values which I have written in the BAR memory area using PCITree. I have worked on Device drivers for Windows in the past so the Host side part is easier. Main problem is inside the FPGA where information is scant.

0 Kudos
Scholar golson
Scholar

I worked a little with XAPP859 (DMA).  It requires serial communications/serial commands/data transfers to and from the PCIe device (no Microblaze)

done by state machines/memorys.

There is a new App note on the PCIe bridge that uses the Microblaze.  Don't know a lot about how that would work.

Message Edited by golson on 08-06-2009 08:59 AM
0 Kudos