UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor davida2018
Visitor

How to run Eclipse from the command line?

Jump to solution

I want to use the Xilinx SDK command line tools described here:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_1/SDK_Doc/concepts/sdk_c_headless_mode.htm

and here:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_3/SDK_Doc/reference/sdk_u_commandline.htm

I have installed the SDK in /opt/Xilinx on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.  The above link states:

• ECLIPSE: a shortcut to the Eclipse console application inside SDK installation: 
    $( XILINX_SDK_PATH)/eclipse/win64.o/eclipsec.exe, or $(XILINX_SDK_PATH)/eclipse/lnx64.o/eclipse depending on the platform.

But if I run: 

$ /home/UKTM.EU.NEC.COM/daldrich/workspace_xilinx

I get a GUI tool, not a command line tool.

What is the procedure for running the Eclipse command line tool on Ubuntu?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor davida2018
Visitor

Re: How to run Eclipse from the command line?

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply. I have now succeeded in running XSDK (Eclipse) in headless mode. So I have a solution.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @davida2018,

Which version of SDK are you using?

Is there any specific reason you want to perform headless build?

In case you are looking for commandline option, you can go for XSCT. 

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor davida2018
Visitor

Jump to solution

I am running XSDK 2018.1 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

I want to perform a headless build triggered by a CI (Continuous Integration) system.

Would XSCT be a better choice for me than XSDK? I'm not sure that is the case given that I just want to perform a headless build of a software application.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @davida2018,

You can call XSCT which will call the command line. It supports the commands listed in (particularly chapter-3)

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_4/ug1208-xsct-reference-guide.pdf

Thanks,
Arpan
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Visitor davida2018
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply. I have now succeeded in running XSDK (Eclipse) in headless mode. So I have a solution.

0 Kudos