UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

How to setup SDK2017.4 to compile app for Petalinux 2014.4

Hi,

I use a Zynq (7015) and Petalinux from Xilinix.

I would like to try and compile Linux user apps using SDK 2017.4 and windows 10 . The target is Petalinux 2014.4 (I have the build on a virtual Linux machine). The problem I have is linking the standard Linux libs. When I create an app I need to specify a 'Linux System Root'  Where do I find that in the old Petalinux build ?

I don't remember having to do that with SDK 2014.4 . In fact making one on that I don't use 'Linux System Root' at all but things compile and I can debug.

Any idea as to what will work?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: How to setup SDK2017.4 to compile app for Petalinux 2014.4

Hi

See if you can find libraries in this path in older petalinux builds :- <proj_root>build/linux/ rootfs/targetroot/lib/

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Shabbir,

Yes I can find that directory, <proj_root>build/linux/ rootfs/targetroot/lib/ on my Ubuntu where I compiled the Linux 2014.4

I am trying to compile the app using SDK 2017.4 on my windows machine, what do I need to do? Copy the Lib directory onto the windows and link to it when I create the app?

thanks

Dave

0 Kudos

Hi @davewarren,

I think that copying files from the Linux host to windows might not work completelly due to symbolik links are commonly used on Linux. I would maybe sugget to try to share the folder between both hosts ;)

Regards
Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos