cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

How to split a vector in the IPI?

Using the Vivado IPI I found the concat block to concatenate several signals into a vector. But how should I perform it other way around? How can I split an incoming vector into separate signal lines?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Use the Slice block for this function.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Ok, thanks, I found it. Now how can I make the slice block split into several outputs instead picking only one signal? Do I really have to instantiate it for every signal in my vector?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Yes,the slice block can output the required slice from the input and doesn't have the feature to distribute all the signals at the output.

You need to use multiple slice blocks if you need multiple slice output's or multiple single outputs from the input signal.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

That sucks.

And why the asymmetry? Concat can combine many into one, but slice cannot split one into many. Or the other way around: Slice can only pick one from a vector, but concat can add many to a vector.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Agreed! That sucks!

and after 5,5 years it is still the same :/

0 Kudos