UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor yasu
Visitor

How to use LogiCORE FFT IP in sdk

Jump to solution
I try to use LogiCORE FFT v9.0 with IP integrator and SDK in vivado.
I generated a bitstream, but couldn't find out an example to use it.
Where and How can I get sample programs and test bench?
I couldn't find even an address in Adress Editor.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to use LogiCORE FFT IP in sdk

Jump to solution
As i know the FFT is axi-stream based hence you are unable to find the addresses in the address editor. If this was an AXI-Lite interface you would find the address map and also can configure it through a processor.

For the example there is a demo testbench which you can run and check
Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution

@yasu I think this is a question for the vendor of the logicore IP blocks. Or you can read the documentation thereof better.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Visitor yasu
Visitor

Jump to solution
Thank you for your reply.
I read the IP document, but I thought the IP is from Xilinx because it's bundled to vivado.
There are no tutorials of AXI4-Stream on SDK, so I couldn't differentiate my problem comes from the bus or IP.
Could you kindly tell me a good tutorial of any IP having AXI4-Stream bus?
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
As i know the FFT is axi-stream based hence you are unable to find the addresses in the address editor. If this was an AXI-Lite interface you would find the address map and also can configure it through a processor.

For the example there is a demo testbench which you can run and check
Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor yasu
Visitor

Jump to solution
@athandr The document says as follows:

The demonstration test bench source code is one VHDL file: demo_tb/ tb_<component_name>.vhd in the Vivado output directory. The source code is comprehensively commented.

However, even after the bitstream is generated, demo_tb directory isn't there, so I couldn't get a testbench of ATI4-Stream.
This is my first try of ATI4-Stream, so could you give me some keywords or API function names to access ATI4-Stream?
0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution

@yasu 

>> could you give me some keywords or API function names to access ATI4-Stream?

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Visitor yasu
Visitor

Jump to solution
@muzaffer I want to calculate power spectrum of an ADC output which is connected to gpio of microblaze, then pass the result to PC via Uart.

In my current design, both input(S-AXIS) and output(M-AXIS) of the FFT IP is connected to microblaze directly.
As the ADC is much slower than the FPGA clock (few MHz), that is now connected to the gpio of microblaze.
0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution

@yasu I believe MB has functionality to drive and receive data over axi-streams over special links. If this is what you are using, the api you need is just two macros called put/putd and get/getd as defined on page 134 of this document: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_2/ug984-vivado-microblaze-ref.pdf

Visitor yasu
Visitor

Jump to solution

>> I believe MB has functionality to drive and receive data over axi-streams over special links.

That is the way I connect the IP and MB.

I checked the document, but still couldn't get how to use those instructions (put or putd) in C-language style,

and also

These instructions look like assembly language.

I'm sorry for my repeatedly ask, but could you tell me how to use 'put' and 'putd' in C language.

0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution

@yasu apparently there are a set of macros to do this. You need to include fsl.h: page 7 in  https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_1/oslib_rm.pdf

Visitor yasu
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks to your advice, I manage to make elf file.

Now I'm in a trouble that the behavior simulation in vivado stucks in "executing simulation step", but

the original problem seems to be solved.

Thank you for all your help.

0 Kudos