UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

How to verify elf file in XSCT

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have downloaded an Elf file using dow command. Then I continue con to run the application. I am wondering if I need to Verify then at which stage I should do it ? I have tried verify command after I stop but verification was failed. I have specified Elf file with full path as in dow command.   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to verify elf file in XSCT

Jump to solution

I actually never verify the elf is downloaded to memory. However, if you where to do it, then do it after the dow and before con

The path is relative to the directory you are executing XSCT from.

Also since this is tcl, y ok can use glob, file tail and rootname ECT to parse the path.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

what version of XSCT are you using. The verify command is documented in the XSCT user guide (see page 36)

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug1208-xsct-reference-guide.pdf

However, in older versions this was called elfverify

You can also dump the ELF (using objdump), and use (Assuming Zynq Ultrascale)

• targets -set -filter {name =~ "Cortex-A53 #0"}
  • mrd 0x<memory Address> 0x100

This will read the first 0x100 address locations, you can cross check this against the objdump'ed elf.

Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I am using 2017. 3 

After downloading ELF file using dow command, Do I need to run verify command before or after con command which execute the ELF file. Another question I am using dow and fpga commands with full path of the file. Is there any way to give path after the the current directory ?  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I actually never verify the elf is downloaded to memory. However, if you where to do it, then do it after the dow and before con

The path is relative to the directory you are executing XSCT from.

Also since this is tcl, y ok can use glob, file tail and rootname ECT to parse the path.

0 Kudos