UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

IBERT and Microblaze?

Has anyone in the community tried generating an ISE project with both a Core Generator IBERT core and an EDK Microblaze system?  I'm trying to optimize a Marvell PHY link on a custom board.  The IBERT alone works well with near-side loopback enabled.  In order to enable loopback in the Marvell PHY, I need to write an MDIO register.  I added a simple EDK project alongside the IBERT that includes a Microblaze, some memory, and an lltemac instance.  The LLTEMAC instance's MDIO and Phy reset ports are wired to the PHY.  The rest of the GMII interface is left floating / grounded.

If I comment out the EDK system in my top-level, the IBERT works with near-side loopback.   If I uncomment the EDK system, the Microblaze source executes and I can read/write the MDIO registers.  However, the IBERT console in Chipscope can't seem to communicate with the IBERT core.

Is this because my Boundary Scan chain is broken, since I have an MDM and an ICON in my system?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: IBERT and Microblaze?

I tried implementing my system with an MDM in the EDK.  I see the same behavior.

The IBERT console seems unresponsive.  When I change some of the parameters, for instance the TX termination voltage, the drop-down seems to be stuck on FLOAT no matter what I select.

The TX PLL and RX PLL are always Unlocked.

0 Kudos
Visitor yuriy_o
Visitor

Re: IBERT and Microblaze?

Hi pcurt

I am wondering if you have manage to resolve that issue

I am trying something similar and wondering if it is fundamentally possible

Thnaks in advance

0 Kudos