UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDELAYCTRL generation by MIG

Jump to solution

Hello.

I am trying to implement DDRII controller.

The UCF generated by MIG contains 4 IDELAYCTRLs whereas max C_NUM_IDELAYCTRL parameter value is 3 in EDK DDRII GUI. That means i can only instantiate 3 IDELAYCTRLs in EDK.

So what about the fourth one and if it is true then which 3 i have to use which one to reject??

Waiting for your valuable suggestions.

Regards. 

Best of luck.
--
Unlimited in my Limits.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer sbonafede
Observer

Re: IDELAYCTRL generation by MIG

Jump to solution

I, too, just ran into this when messing around with a custom DDR2 MIG compatible design for a V5FX design.  (The peripheral: ppc440mc_ddr2_v2_00_a)

See page 5 of DDR2 Memory Controller for PowerPC 440 Processors [DS567 (v1.3)].

Looking at the verilog, there's a generate statement to instantiate the idelay controllers and so it should be possible to hack the mpd file to allow for more than 3 IDELAYCTRL...

EDIT:  Just noticed that the original poster is implementing a DDRII controller and I'm implementing a DDR2 controller.

Message Edited by sbonafede on 05-11-2009 04:12 PM
6 Replies
Visitor adetel
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,

When using several IDELAYCTRL only one has to be constrained leave the others unconstrained.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Where do you get the information that the max value of C_NUM_IDELAYCTRL is '3"? I can see it supports upto 16 in MPD file.

-XF

0 Kudos
Observer sbonafede
Observer

Jump to solution

I, too, just ran into this when messing around with a custom DDR2 MIG compatible design for a V5FX design.  (The peripheral: ppc440mc_ddr2_v2_00_a)

See page 5 of DDR2 Memory Controller for PowerPC 440 Processors [DS567 (v1.3)].

Looking at the verilog, there's a generate statement to instantiate the idelay controllers and so it should be possible to hack the mpd file to allow for more than 3 IDELAYCTRL...

EDIT:  Just noticed that the original poster is implementing a DDRII controller and I'm implementing a DDR2 controller.

Message Edited by sbonafede on 05-11-2009 04:12 PM

Jump to solution

Hi XF.

I don't know from which MPD you are telling this but i am attaching a sanpshot with this.

You can see at the top blue line there is written PPC440mc_ddr2_v2_1_0.mpd

Whereas the highlited portion tells you that max value of C_NUM_IDELAYCTRL parameter is 3

I am using version 10.1 with SP3 

Waiting for your valuable inputs.

Regards. 

Best of luck.
--
Unlimited in my Limits.
untitled.bmp
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello.

all the errors are gone just by manually changing the idelay_ctrl.v and  the corresponding MPD file for DDR2.

Changes are done to extend the max value of C_NUM_IDELAYCTRL parameter from 3 to 4.

The moment i included the extra IDELAYCTRL everything was mapped successfully and bit stream generation is complete.

I don't understand one thing that is why EDK limited the number of IDELAYCTRL parameters.

thanks for all the co-operation provided by you people.

Regards. 

Best of luck.
--
Unlimited in my Limits.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

I thought you are talking about MPMC.

-XF

0 Kudos