cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Impact: 1698 - Unable to generate a list of .... Failed to add PROM device ! (For Micron N25Q256A)

I use Micron N25Q256a flash for Xilinx Artix-7 XC7A200T FPGA programming. I want to program the fpga by CPU, so I need generating XSVF file from MCS file to program the N25Q by using IMPACT. But I have a problem, it says " The selected file's size is larger than devices supported in (null) mode. Impact - 1698- Unable to generate a list of suitably sized PROM/storage device. Failed to add PROM device. "

After I see that problem, I think IMPACT doesn't see N25Q flash, so I try to     add as non Xilinx device by showing BSDL file. But I couldn't find the BSDL file for N25Q. The question comes. How can I generate BSDL file for  N25Q256A11E1240F to generate XSVF file, because there is no BSDL file for N25Q at Micron webpage? or Do you have any solution for this problem? If any other way is possible for programming the N25Q Flash from CPU please let me know. Also if any other way programming the Flash from FPGA, it can work for me. Thanks for your interest. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

I saw that N25Q256 was used in referance circuit. But the flash  I used for XC7A200T is W25Q128FV. But a problom came to me that SPIx1 and SPIx2 program succeed while SPIx4 program failed.

0 Kudos