UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer snowman777
Observer

Import a C++ program SDK

Good morning everyone, 

Perhaps I am going about this the wrong way. I have been creating a C++ application in SDK and manually dragging in the program and trying to Clean/build the program and launch it on my Zyq702. 

this has got me numerous errors , from not finding libraries, to no binaries found . 

Is there a better way to do this ? importing the program somehow ? Thanks a lot 

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: Import a C++ program SDK

Hi @snowman777,

It's not quite clear what you have been trying to do so maybe a new description or even screenshots might help forum users to understand better the issue.

What does it meang "manually dragging in the program...". I mean are you created a C++ application with a Xilinx Template like helloworld? Does it compile fine in such case?

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Observer snowman777
Observer

Good morning Ibai,

Thanks for the reply, sorry yes i will better descriibe what I am trying to accomplish. 

I have a C++ program that pulls data and performs computations on the data. I have this currently working locally on eclipse. I want the same program on the Zynq702 board. therefore import the project from eclipse to the SDK and run it on the board, I am trying to figure out the best way of doing . 

Also the program is 420 Mb, which i had a concerned about size of the application the board, it also uses date and time functions as well, so the time would have to be set prior to the application running. Any help on this would be appreciated. thanks a lot 

Jeremy 

0 Kudos

Hi @snowman777,

Thanks for the clarification it's bit more clear what you are trying to accomplish. In your description you are pointing to the fact of having the C++ running locally on Eclipse, so I guess that refers to your host machine (laptop or PC) which is X86 architecture an probably is running Windows or Linux OS, isn't it?

The Zynq device is an ARM architecture so the pre-build application will not work at all. Importing the project it will likely now work neither as you will using the X86 toolchain and not the cross-compiler.

What kind of application are you intended to build? standalone or Linux application? The easiest way will be to create an application with the Empty Template and re-use your source files to create your final application.

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
0 Kudos
Observer snowman777
Observer

Good morning Ibai 

How are you doing ? Thanks for getting back to me, yes. I am currently Running it locally on my windows laptop, works fine. I had this also working on a standalone setup on vivado 13.3 i think  couple of years ago, but I am trying to get it back running on the board again. 

I was going to use stand alone application, unless you think using linux application is a better fit?  Yea I attempted originally creating a stand alone application and manually dragged files into the folder, didn't seem to get me too far, always seemed to be a library issue or no binary found or issues on the prebuild. Thanks a lot 

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Observer snowman777
Observer

Good morning Ibai, 

so I did what you said about creating an empty project, i mirrored the settings for libraries, everything seems clean of errors or warnings, but upon the build the error is given below

Info: Internal Builder is used for build
a9-linaro-pre-build-step
Cannot run program "a9-linaro-pre-build-step": Launching failed

0 Kudos

Hi @snowman777,

I would say that you issue seems to be in the "mirrored settings" step. I would recommend you to try to do this stuff on different steps.

1. Create a template based project (i.e. helloworld) and compile it. If succeed that means that you have tools installed properly.
2. Copy/Import/Link part of your source files that does not need any additional library... and compile it.
3. Do different itterations and change project settings as per required (include include paths, libraries...)

Regards
Ibai

Ibai
0 Kudos