Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Import and use old design

Jump to solution

Hy!

I have a problem with the SDK.

I have built a hardware in XPS and exported it to SDK, with "Project" -> "Export Hardware Design to SDK" -> "Export and Launch SDK". Then I wanted to Import the Data of the "XAPP1026" with "File" -> "Import" -> "General" -> "Existing Project into Workspace" in the next window I selected the "SW" Folder in .../12.3/ml507

SDK imported all the stuff into the Project.

When I now try to program the FPGA, I choose my Hardware I built before (system.bit and system_bd.bmm)

and the "raw_.apps.elf" file from "Ready_to_download" folder of the ml507-design from the XAPP1026.

When I press program now, there appears an error:

Try using the linker script generation tools to generate an ELF that maps
correctly to your hardware design.
Programming the FPGA failed due to errors from elfcheck

Can somebody help me? I just want to run the software with my own Hardware. What could be the problem?

Regards, Jan

PS. When i want to programm with bootloop instead of an *.elf-File, it works, but when i press "Run" then, there is the following error:

"Unexpected error while launching program: null"

I think that there even is a Problem with the *.elf-File...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I have seen, that I have no .mfs image in my project. That was the problem. when I comment out the line in the code, where is searched for it, my software runs as I want.

I opened a new thread to ask for creating an .mfs image.

Thank you for the good helpful comments

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I have seen that the design from the sampledesign (XAPP1026) uses an PowerPC an I want to use a Microblase. The only Problem is that I want to use the sample software on my hardware. can somebody tell me how I can do that?

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted

All the designs for xapp1026 are targetting the Xilinx boards. However, lets say you want to use the ml507 with the Microblaze instead of the PPC. You can create a BSB design using all the same IP. Configure all the IP to have the same options (or pretty much the same). Export the design to SDK. This will create a XML file. You will then need to create your own BSP, select all the same libraries and drivers as the one used in the xapp1026 and set them up using the same options (use the mss file it will be quicker). Then create an empty application, right click on it, Then import. Under file system naviagate to the sw folder in the xapp1026 download. Then import all the sources.

Fix any compile errors if you get any. If you do get any they will probably be only minor macro changes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Ok, I tried to make a new Hardware, using BSB.

I opened the sample project (from XAPP1026) in XPS. Then I opened a new instance of XPS and created the hardware with BSB. I made all the IP-Cores like in the sample and even looked for the adresses and eveything. Then I exported the hw to SDK. There were no errors.

Then I choose everything in SDK and Imported the Files of the sample in the "empty_application"

then pressed Build. Everything without errors. When I click the Icon Program FPGA there Appears a box:

Program FPGA failed

Reason:

FPGA configuration encountered errors

And in the Console appears:

ELF file :
D:/Bachelorarbeit/Projects/TEST_DEL_TEST__PPC_ETHERNET/SDK/SDK_Workspace_35/empt
y_application_0/Debug/empty_application_0.elf
ERROR:EDK:3165 - elfcheck failed!
The following sections did not fit into Processor BRAM memory:
Section .sdata (0x221C0 - 0x22207)
Section .jcr (0x221BC - 0x221BF)
Section .eh_frame (0x2216C - 0x221BB)
Section .dtors (0x22164 - 0x2216B)
Section .ctors (0x2215C - 0x22163)
Section .got2 (0x22140 - 0x2215B)
Section .data (0x21B88 - 0x2213F)
Section .rodata (0x201C0 - 0x21B86)
Section .fini (0x2019C - 0x201BB)
Section .init (0x20178 - 0x2019B)
Section .text (0x380 - 0x20177)
Section .vectors (0x0 - 0x37F)

Try using the linker script generation tools to generate an ELF that maps
correctly to your hardware design.
Programming the FPGA failed due to errors from elfcheck

Is there anything I can do or check? Any ideas?

Ragards Jan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Maybe that could help.

When I sart it in a bootloop (without .elf-file) the FPGA can be programed, but when I click Run, in my Hyperterminal is written

platform_init_fs: ERROR: unable to locate index.html in MFS<\n><\r>One of your applications requires a Memory File System to be loaded.<\n><\r>Please check if MFS has been loaded, and it has index.html file in root directory<\n><\r>ERROR initializing platform.<\n><\r>

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Jan,

Can you check the MSS file or the Platform Settings to make sure that the xilmfs is set up correctly.

Below is from the xapp1026:

BEGIN LIBRARY
 PARAMETER LIBRARY_NAME = xilmfs
 PARAMETER LIBRARY_VER = 1.00.a
 PARAMETER PROC_INSTANCE = microblaze_0
 PARAMETER NUMBYTES = 266000
 PARAMETER BASE_ADDRESS = 0xCF000000
 PARAMETER INIT_TYPE = MFSINIT_IMAGE
 PARAMETER NEED_UTILS = true
END

Here the base address is 0xcf000000 which is the base address of the DDR. Can you make sure that you are pointing to your DDR?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hy,

there are some news. When I press "programm FPGA" an error occurs. When I press it again, (without changing anything) it programs without any problems, but nothing happens in my hyper terminal. When I press Run, the same message as above appears on the hyperterminal.

My question:

How can I check, if Memory file system has loaded?

Than to the mms-file:

When I look for the xilmfs in system.mss, with notepad I can see the following:

BEGIN LIBRARY
PARAMETER LIBRARY_NAME = xilmfs
PARAMETER LIBRARY_VER = 1.00.a
PARAMETER PROC_INSTANCE = ppc440_0
END

P.S.: It´s ok, that there is a ppc, because I try to make it work with PPC, because than are less differences, which could make errors.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I have seen, that I have no .mfs image in my project. That was the problem. when I comment out the line in the code, where is searched for it, my software runs as I want.

I opened a new thread to ask for creating an .mfs image.

Thank you for the good helpful comments

View solution in original post

0 Kudos