UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Importing a SDK poject without copying the source with TCL command?

Hi All,

I found out that following tcl command copies the sdk project into workspace directory. I am wondering is there an alternative to "importprojects" command that does not copy the sdk project into workspace ? 

sdk importprojects my_sdk_app

I also noticed that if I import the project using GUI, it does not copy the project into the workpsace ? 

Thanks.

Akboken.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Importing a SDK poject without copying the source with TCL command?

Hi,

The default behavior in GUI is to skip copying sources when you import the projects, but there's also an option to copy the sources. XSCT doesn't have such option; it always copies the sources.

Importing the projects w/o copying the sources can cause problems in certain cases. For example, Zynq fsbl uses soft links to ps_init files from HW project, so if you only import HW project and create new fsbl project in the new workspace, you will run into errors. Similarly application uses relatives library paths to link to libraries in bsp/lib directory, so if you import bsp and create app, it'll cause errors

0 Kudos