cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredjobsearch
Visitor
Visitor

In SDK 2016.2 says "Another launch session with same debug configuration is currently in progress"

I have the hello world example I want to load into my artix-7 on digilent's basys-3 board. How do I ... get rid of the previous launch??? or whatever the problem is.

Is there a lock file somewhere? the rst -debug_sys in XMD I saw in another post doesn't work.

I want to get up to speed with microblaze on artix-7. Is there a explanation followed by a tutorial explaining what all the files and tools which the SDK GUI calls. Which files are read and created. GUI is convenient when everything works.

Xilinx Vivado verilog part works fine. Reads some switches and controls LEDs to confirm design loaded. In the SDK part I'm only doing the hello world example so first need to load the design. It builds it and generates and .elf file which I believe it adds to the bitstream so it gets loaded into the on chip block memory and microblaze will run it... I hope that's right.

Better documentation and examples of minimal projects for first time microblaze users would be great. Have lots of what to do if things fail at various parts and what to check.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to know the answer to this - currently I have to exit the SDK and re-run. It's a right PITA, and not found anything via Google to help.

Seems to occur if I have some sort of error during the launch. Which I have a lot of right now, so making figuring out who to make all this stuff work very time consuming.

James

0 Kudos
stephenm

Can you use the cable disconnect from the XSDB

0 Kudos
joostgeelhoed

I've got the same problem,

Has anybody found a solution?

Thanks,

Joost

0 Kudos
alexkarnaukhov
Explorer
Explorer

Same problem still in 2017.3... Is there any solution now?
0 Kudos