Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Incomplete ISE 14.7 install, project does not build when opening Xilinx VMDK

Greetings,

I uninstalled the unsupported W10 ISE 14.7 and re-installed the one that runs in a Linux VM. I watched the youTube video on the VM install. Oddly, when the installation of the VM version "completed", I did not get a shortcut to a configured W10 ISE on my desktop like the video, I did however, find a link to an Oracle VM in my start menu. I seem to be able to start the VM, so I opened an 64-bit Oracle VM (I'm hoping that's the right one, that might be my problem?), and connected it to the ISE_S6_VM (a VMDK disk image?) that the installation in the C:/Xinlinx directory, and started the VM. The ISE toolkit seems to open fine inside.

I cloned a repository from our Git server, imported the project into SDK and attempted to build, generating a valid .elf file, but under the VM it failed. (It cannot seem to locate some header files, which I am pretty sure are part of the makefile in the project... )

What is weird is that this project built fine in the UNsupported Win10 app that was downloaded from the Xilinx site (this is what IT installed, thinking it was the proper application for what I'm doing, which is maintaining a code base for Spartan-6), and it does not build in the supported Oracle VM. Did I pick the right VM in the Oracle app? I understand that there is probably some simple problem with the makefile, but it really seems like this should work out of the box. Any simple things to check first? I do not have administrative priveleges for this machine, so asking really eats time!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Incomplete ISE 14.7 install, project does not build when opening Xilinx VMDK

ISE_S6 VM configuration.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Incomplete ISE 14.7 install, project does not build when opening Xilinx VMDK

It *finally* occurred to me that the pathing will be different in Windows than Linux.

Need to do something like this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4058840/makefile-that-distincts-between-windows-and-unix-like-systems

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

OK, *really* key...

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx11/SDK_doc/tasks/cdt_t_proj_paths.htm

Click on the project->Properties and edit the paths there. And then it works.