cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Interrupts from a custom IP

Jump to solution

Hi there :-)

I have connected an external peripheral to microblaze through PLB bus.

I have a signal from the peripheral which is supposed to act as interrupt.

Should I still use XPS INTC?

If not,could you please let me know how to do so?

Thank you and regards,

anand :-)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

If you have multiple interrupts coming from different peripherals you need a Interrupt controller.

if you have a single interrupt coming from a single peripheral you need not have a interrupt controller.

Check page number 24 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp778.pdf

Thnx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

I don't have a clue about the microblaze but I think it might be the same as with the ppc. So if you've just one interrupt source, you don't need an interrupt controller. Otherwise you need the interrupt controller to manage several interrupt sources and set priorities, etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

If you have multiple interrupts coming from different peripherals you need a Interrupt controller.

if you have a single interrupt coming from a single peripheral you need not have a interrupt controller.

Check page number 24 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp778.pdf

Thnx

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi 'hem_8030' :-)

I found the document you suggested pretty useful :-)

Thank you :-)

0 Kudos