UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor dktcluff
Visitor

JTAG programmer issues in SDK

I have a Digilent JTAG-HS3 and a Xilinx Platform Cable USB II programmer.  Both have always worked fine on my Windows 7 machine with SDK 2016 and 2018.  Now, I can't get either to work. 

Here is the response I get in XSCT console: 

xsct% jtag targets
  1* Digilent JTAG-HS3 210299A17F8A (error DR shift output all zeroes)

It's the same response with the Platform II able. I've also tried this on my Windows 10 machine and I get the same results.

Any idea what this is all about? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: JTAG programmer issues in SDK

Do you have the boot mode set correctly?

0 Kudos
Visitor dktcluff
Visitor

Sorry but I don't know what the boot mode is.  Can you tell me where to find it? 

I can say that this problem didn't exist two days ago and I haven't changed anything.  There was a Windows update and forced reboot rolled out by out IT department last night.  I fear it has something to do with that.

0 Kudos
Visitor dktcluff
Visitor

I moved my PicoZed card to a different carrier and moved the JTAG cable to a different USB port.  I still get the same response to a "JTAG targets" command, but at least now I'm able to flash my PicoZed. Turned out to be a USB port issue.

You can reinstall the drivers. You can get these directly from the vendor:

https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers

0 Kudos