cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maps-mpls
Mentor
Mentor

Just sharing how to create a map file for uB in standalone/baremetal application

To create a map file for a microblaze application, this is the syntax:

-Wl,-M=c:/delme/test.map

uB.png

Note to Xilinx:  Could you update UG1043 to be more complete...the section highlighted in yellow could use more detail.  Searching on the forums turns up a variety of answers, and they are not necessarily consistent with the latest tools.  It is possible it is a different option for arm--I didn't check.  If so, please specify the map file creation option for arm as well.  Maybe it is already documented somewhere in DocNav but I could not find it in a reasonable amount of time. 

ug1043.png

Or provide links on this thread to the proper answer records.

*** Destination: Rapid design and development cycles *** Please remember to give internet points to those who help you here. ***
3 Replies
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @maps-mpls,

Thanks for your contribution in the forum, it's being great to see people participating in the Forum and contributing in the overall knowledge of Xilinx users.

Kudos for you!
Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
maps-mpls
Mentor
Mentor

Thanks for the kudos.  It's fun.

*** Destination: Rapid design and development cycles *** Please remember to give internet points to those who help you here. ***
0 Kudos
praveen@veoneer
Observer
Observer

Hi Voyager,

I am getting permission error while generating map file.

I followed the same command and tried to creat map but but encountered with permission denined error.

Currently i am using Vivado 2018.2 in windows 10, 64 bit processor.

I have also tried in different paths just to confirm, but still i am getting permission denied error.

Please let me know how to avoid this error. i am getting this error only if i tried to create map file.

Regards,

PraveenKumar.

0 Kudos