Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Latency of interrupt acknowledgement in AXI INTC 4.1

Hi All,

I have several questions which I could find answer anywere (including AXI INTC 4.1 documentation). 

1) Is there any limit for the number of interrupts that can be handled by Interrupt controller in certain amount of time ? If so how many interrupts can be handled in a second ? 

2) What is the latency of interrupt acknowledgement  when I use normal interrrupt mode ?  How many clock cycles does it take to when I do AXI interrupt acknowledgement ? 

3) In what conditions we use fast interrupt mode ? 

Thanks,

Akboken. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Latency of interrupt acknowledgement in AXI INTC 4.1

I have one more additioanl question. 

4) In my system, write to Interrupt Acknowledgement Register  (IAR) is failing under certain conditions (random). 

What conditions make the IAR write fail ?  How I make sure my requested interrupt is acnowledged?  Currently, Interrupt Acknowledgement Register  (IAR) is write only register used to clear interrupts. However, there is no way to know if IAR write is done successfully or not successfully ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Latency of interrupt acknowledgement in AXI INTC 4.1

Hi @akboken and Hi all,

I want to up this post, on the one hand to avoid double subjet and on the other hand because I also want to know.

I'm having trouble with the axi_intc (v1.04a on EDK) It doesn't catch my last interrupt which arrive rather early (about 144ns after the one before... )

Thanks for your repply !

0 Kudos