Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pedro_uno
Advisor
Advisor

Linux SDK - fatal error: xparameters_ps.h: No such file or directory

Jump to solution

Hello Guys,

I am working with a Zynq system.  Using Windows 7 I have been able to build the hardware and then develop programs in SDK.  Now the real software engineers are getting involved.  They all use Unbuntu linux for embedded development.  They have installed Xilinx SDK but when they  go to compile an application they get the following error message.

11:56:05 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project Hello1 ****
make all
Building file: ../src/platform.c
Invoking: ARM gcc compiler
arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc -Wall -O0 -g3 -c -fmessage-length=0 -I../../Hello1_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/include -MMD -MP -MF"src/platform.d" -MT"src/platform.d" -o "src/platform.o" "../src/platform.c"
In file included from ../src/platform.c:42:0:
../../Hello1_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/include/xparameters.h:15:28: fatal error: xparameters_ps.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [src/platform.o] Error 1

We have tried adding the path to that particular .h file to the eclipse include search list but then it just complains about the next .h file.  It looks like we are missing some major step in the setup of SDK or project creation.  The Vivado hardware compilation runs fine and produces a .bit file.  I have tried launching SDK from within Vivado, from the desktop icon and from the command line after sourcing settings64.sh.  We get the same result each time.

SDK works fine in Windows 7 but the software team is totally committed to linux.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Pete

----------------------------------------
DSP in hardware and software
-----------------------------------------
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
elvisjohndowson
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Pete,

This is a common problem with initial setup for the SDK. You need to clone the device tree compiler project and add the project folder to the list of repositories.

git clone git://git.jdl.com/software/dtc.git

Then launch SDK, and click on Window > Preferences, and in the tree view select Xilinx SDK > Repositories and in the Global Repositories section, add the path to the dtc folder.

Now when Vivado or PlanAhead or EDK exports the hardware configuration, the device tree compiler will be invoked to generate the required files, including xparameters.h.

Send me a p.m and I'll email a full setup guide for the Xilinx tools on Ubuntu-12.10 64-bit.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
elvisjohndowson
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Pete,

This is a common problem with initial setup for the SDK. You need to clone the device tree compiler project and add the project folder to the list of repositories.

git clone git://git.jdl.com/software/dtc.git

Then launch SDK, and click on Window > Preferences, and in the tree view select Xilinx SDK > Repositories and in the Global Repositories section, add the path to the dtc folder.

Now when Vivado or PlanAhead or EDK exports the hardware configuration, the device tree compiler will be invoked to generate the required files, including xparameters.h.

Send me a p.m and I'll email a full setup guide for the Xilinx tools on Ubuntu-12.10 64-bit.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
pedro_uno
Advisor
Advisor

Elvis,

I also noticed that after a project->clean operation that the next build attempt got an error for missing gmake.

I found this posting:

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/bin-bash-gmake-command-not-found/td-p/290247

and applied the soft link back to regular make and now my project builds all the way through under linux. 

Still I will pm you for the detailed setup procedure for Ubuntu, since that is what the guys want to use. :-)

Pete

----------------------------------------
DSP in hardware and software
-----------------------------------------
0 Kudos
elvisjohndowson
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

This is yet again, a setup issue under Ubuntu.

To fix this problem, type the following commands:

$ cd /usr/bin

$ sudo ln -s make gmake

I'll email two technotes, one is for setting up Ubuntu-12.10 64-bit (don't use 13.10 or 14.04 since it uses Gnome 3.0), and the other for installing ISE-14.7 on Ubuntu-12.10, which is applicable for Vivado-2013.4 as well.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson

0 Kudos
ballik

Can I get these tech notes?  I'm having the same problem on Ubuntu

0 Kudos
sshivu
Visitor
Visitor

Can you please do send me a copy ?

0 Kudos
pfuhrman
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Elvis,

Could you put me on the list for these tech notes?  Thanks!

phil_fuhrman@agilent.com

Best regards,

Phil

0 Kudos
pranav161

Hello,

I am facing the similar problem as mentioned in this blog. I could use your help on this

I followd your instruction and ran the "git clone git://git.jdl.com/software/dtc.git" command and added the dtc to my path, yet i seem to have the same problem

Iam attaching my error log from SDK

I would appriciate the help.

errorlog1.png
errorlog2.png
0 Kudos
liangyu323
Visitor
Visitor

Hi pranav 161,

Me too.

Then did you get the solution?

Best,

Lenny

0 Kudos
martind1983
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Elvisjohndowson

I followed your steps downloaded dtc project from git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/dtc/dtc.git (your link does not already work) under my /SDK/2015.2 and added path to dtc directory to global repositories settings and even to local repositories in SDK. (picture 1) I also tried to export .hdf from Vivado again and created new Linux project. However, I have the same error fatal error: xparameters.h: No such file or directory. (picture 2)

Any additional advices please?  

repo.png

picture 2

Thank you   Martin :)

0 Kudos
gouthamp
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hey Martind,

Did you solve the issue ? if so, how? I am stuck at the same place. Please help.

Thanks

Goutham

0 Kudos
gustoff
Participant
Participant

Hey somebody, 

Who can solve this problem, because including repository doesn't resolve this?

Thanks

Vladimir

0 Kudos
akkadhim1
Visitor
Visitor

Hi

Did anyone solved this error, I'm using SDK 2015 and still can't compile the application because of the header files.

hi @martind1983 did you solve it?

0 Kudos
frank_anze

Right click on the folder project and then click Clean Project to correct this error.

Regards,

Frank.

0 Kudos