UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer nikitagusev95
Observer

Load C Code on DDR3

Hello,

Problem:
After loading the .bit file onto flash I want to be able to load C code through the UART onto the DDR3 for the FPGA Microblaze to execute. (Is this possible?) End goal is to load C code files from Labview for the Microblaze to execute.

Background Information:

I am able to load code onto the FPGA through the Xilinx SDK, and I am able to load a small sample program using impact onto the flash by converting the .bit and .elf into a .mcs file. However I don't want to load it on flash, but on the DDR3.

I have run a "Memory Test" program and the DDR3 works.

I am looking for some guidance and suggestions, thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Load C Code on DDR3

hi,

do you want a bootloader? if yes, refer to https://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/attachments/xlnx/EDK/5498/1/Flashwriter_101.pdf

--hs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos