Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Lwip connection established, but can not Ping

Hello,

I am working on a custom board with ZYNQ, which has a Marvell 88E1111 chip for ethernet. Now I want to test if our PCB is okay. For that I adapted the ZC702 Ethernet Design and ran the lwip Echo Server example. This is giving me the following output:

lwipEcho.png

The green light of the network card on my PC also blinks periodically, when I let the program run. However I can not ping my board or connect to it through TeraTerm for getting the letters echoed back.

My question is, can I say that the hardware is working at least? Or do I have to invest more time to get the Lwip echo server example work properly?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello sampatd,

Thanks for the answer. I checked my xtopology_g.c file, but I already have:

struct xtopology_t xtopology[] =

{

{

0xE000B000,

xemac_type_emacps,

0x0,

0x0,

0xF8F00100,

0x36,

},

I am using the Planahead 14.7 and then I just choose the "lwip echo server" standard example in SDK. Are there any known issues with this version of tool or do you have other suggestions?

In addition to that, I try to telnet my board through "telnet 192.168.1.10 7" after the PHY autonegotiation is completed. When I then analyze the outcome of this command in Wireshark, I see that my network card frequently tries to access my FPGA through the ARP. As the result of this telnet, it sends out a broadcast and asks "Who has 192.168.1.10?". However it does not get a response back and then asks the gateway, however the attempt also remains responseless. I also turned on the debug options for the lwip in SDK, so that I can see the packets. Indeed I can see the arriving packets in the console. I guess there is a problem in my TX path, since the board does not respond to the ARP packets and the RX path is okay, since I can receive packets. Could you please confim this or provide some more insight on this issue for me?   

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Conanind,

Have you solved this problem? And how to solve the problem? I account the same problem.

0 Kudos