UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar beandigital
Scholar

ML605 ddr_parity signal

I have a design in EDK for an ML605 board. When I run the design through ISE I get a message about ddr_parity. It says that it will add a port and connect it an FPGA pin. But I dont need this signal so why is it doing that?

Thanks

Jon

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: ML605 ddr_parity signal

Jon,

Did you ever resolve this? I'm seeing the same behavior with Xilinx ISE/XPS 14.4 when implementing a design for the ML605. I don't really like having randomly assigned pins in my design.

After some investigation, it appears that an OBUF is being instantiated in file phy_control_io.v, line 1,297. I don't think a 204-pin SODIMM socket has a parity pin, so I'm not sure what to do with it. Assign it to an unused FPGA pin for now, perhaps?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I have the same issue; as the ddr_parity pin is automatically generated from the MIG program, there does not seem to be a way to stop it from being mapped on one of the external FPGA pins.

Does anybody have a solution for this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hy,

we have the same probleme,

have you a solution for this;

best regards

Torsten

0 Kudos