Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firdota
Adventurer
Adventurer

Memory management of StandAlone mode in SDK

Jump to solution
When running a program in standalone mode on hardware through SDK, is there any Operating System? If there is, how much memory does the system take?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sampatd
Scholar
Scholar

When you run a program in standalone mode, there is no OS present. What is it about memory management that you want to know?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sampatd
Scholar
Scholar

When you run a program in standalone mode, there is no OS present. What is it about memory management that you want to know?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
siktap
Scholar
Scholar

The Standalone platform is a single-threaded, simple operating system (OS) platform that
provides the lowest layer of software modules used to access processor-specific functions. Some
typical functions offered by the Standalone platform include setting up the interrupts and
exceptions systems, configuring caches, and other hardware specific functions. The Hardware
Abstraction Layer (HAL) is described in this document

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/oslib_rm.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sikta

0 Kudos
hamidnaghi
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Sikta,

What is the DDR address that Master AXI is using to send the data to the DDR? How about Ethernet as well? I'm using SDK to transfer received data from AXI to the Ethernet.

Can I send the data from DDR to Ethernet from the location that I received the AXI data? I want to set the Ethernet transmit buffer address to the AXI DDR Address and then start the transmit it by TCP, so I don’t want to copy the received data from the AXI buffer to the Ethernet transmit buffer. I just want to set the address.

Is all transmission done by DDR controller and it doesn’t take any CPU resources?

Is there any example for that?

0 Kudos