cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory read error and memory write error at 0xFFCA5000 LED example; SDK

Hi everyone,

I am working with Vivado 2018.2, SDK 2018.2 and ZCU102. I am new to SDK environment and am trying to run an example project where I change LED values with a delay in between. I have my block design ready with the AXI GPIO output connected to onboard LEDs of ZCU102. I exported the bitstream, Launched SDK, wrote code for LED blink, Programmed FPGA and finally when I am trying to 'Launch on hardware(GDB)', I get the following errors at the locations depicted in the picture.

memory_read_error.PNG

memory_read_error_location.PNG

I tried to search through forum posts and checking the 'Reset entire system' under Debug configurations-> Target setup was one of the solutions for a visitor from the post https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/sdk-execution-error-and-memory-write-error/m-p/734387#M40529, which did not work for me.

memory_write_error.PNG

Following is the block design for reference.

led_PS_block_design.PNG

Can someone suggest what can be done to view the output successfully? What I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

-krishnachandrasekhar100

0 Kudos
3 Replies
marcb

Hi @krishnachandrasekhar100 

Does the following Design Advisory help? Based on the messaging the problem looks to be memory related.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/71961.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
marcb

Hi @krishnachandrasekhar100 

If any of the previous information helped to find a resolution, please mark the helpful post as an accepted solution, for others to find.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos

Hi @marcb ,

The thing is, when I asked this question, I was advised to upgrade from 2018.2 to 2019.1 as this issue is fixed for the latter version. Prior to you responding, I did that and hence I was able to proceed with my work.

I would like to test this out, which I will at a later point in time and post my findings here.

Thanks for the aid,

-Chandrasekhar DVS

0 Kudos