Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sasisaketh
Observer
Observer

Memory write error when programming Zynq custom board using SDK 2017.3

Hi,

PFA the screenshot of the memory write error which we are facing when running a baremetal application on Zynq custom board using SDK 2017.3. We were able to program the FPGA successfully but facing this error while running any application. The issue is consistent with both Digilent and Xilinx platform USB cable. We have also tried restarting the host system, different host systems, creating a new project in SDK, cleaning the project and rerunning but to no avail. Kindly look into this error.

Thanks,

Saketh.

Tags (3)
Merror.PNG
0 Kudos
5 Replies
hbucher
Scholar
Scholar

@sasisaketh

I have had that problem before but it went away. I dont remember if there was something speciific or if I just started doing things in the right order.

What happens if you do the full cycle:

1. power cycle the board

2. program the FPGA device

3. launch binary from SDK

Does it still give the same DAP error?

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
0 Kudos
sasisaketh
Observer
Observer

Yes, we have tried the same sequence of operations. But the error is consistent.
0 Kudos
hbucher
Scholar
Scholar

@sasisaketh If I remember well, this error is caused by the memory not being initialized when the processor is brought up. 

This makes the CPU issue an AXI request but it goes stale. 

Try to transfer your .text and .data sections to OCM or BRAM and see what happens.

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
0 Kudos
sadanan
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

This error normally means that debugger is unable to communicate with DAP properly (invalid response), which can occur due to erratic power supply on the board. Have you checked the power supply, capacitors, etc. on the board

ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @sasisaketh

Are you still experiencing this issue? Just wondering if the guidelines provided by @hbucher or @sadanan worked for you.

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.