UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

MicroBlaze EMAC Lite Ping Reply Example not working on ML 507

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am currently working in a projet consisting on a MicroBlaze with an Ethernet MAC module implemented on a Virtex 5 on a ML 507 Board. When I load Xilinx's example program: xemaclite_ping_reply_example.c ,wich can be found in the BSP principal page, It does not work. This is not the only program which does not work: I cannot manage any program using EMAC driver directly to work.

Captura.JPG

I had previously run this example and some other programs on a Spartan 3E Board and theyworked fine.

When I load in my ML 507 LwIP examples, they do work fine as well, but when I want to work directly with the EMAC driver the Board neither recieves nor sends anything.

Could anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks you very much,

Ignacio Moreno, engineering student at UPCT, Spain.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: MicroBlaze EMAC Lite Ping Reply Example not working on ML 507

Jump to solution

Hi all,

after thinking a lot about this problem, I figured out that it should be a problem in the physical layer, which is the only thing that changes between the two boards that I used.

In Spartan 3E board, in a point-to-point connection the example worked with a straight cable, but in the ML507 and also in the Avnet  Virtex-5 LX110 Evaluation Board, the example worked with a crossed pair cable (or connecting through a switch instead).

This also happens with higher level implementations with lwIP library.

Regards,

Ignacio.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi

What is the IP address and MAC address set to?

There are a few recommendations for this example code to work.

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Sorry, I did not read this before.

I changed the IPs as the comments said, but thanks anyway,

Regards,

Ignacio.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi all,

after thinking a lot about this problem, I figured out that it should be a problem in the physical layer, which is the only thing that changes between the two boards that I used.

In Spartan 3E board, in a point-to-point connection the example worked with a straight cable, but in the ML507 and also in the Avnet  Virtex-5 LX110 Evaluation Board, the example worked with a crossed pair cable (or connecting through a switch instead).

This also happens with higher level implementations with lwIP library.

Regards,

Ignacio.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos