UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie cityjam

MicroBlaze MCS simulation with ISim?

Hi,

I created MicroBlaze MCS core with coregen and created elf file using SDK. The source code of the C program controls GPO lines and is the copied from a tutorial I found from websearch. It is on page 11.

http://ece.wpi.edu/~rjduck/Microblaze%20MCS%20Tutorial.pdf

Then I ran the tcl script to create bram files. Then I created testbench which provide clk signal and input to GPI lines and ran behavioral simulation hoping I can see the GPO line changes. ISim ran and started simulation but the GPO signals didn't change. One thing I noticed was when ISim starts, it tries to delete all previous simulation files including bram files. So I got error message that ISim cannot load bram files. I worked around this problem by running tcl scripts again (microblaze_mcs_data2mem command) and pushing Relaunch button on ISim. But still no change on GPO lines.

Is there anyone who tried to simulate MicroBlaze MCS and the program using ISim?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Newbie dadkovadko1

Re: MicroBlaze MCS simulation with ISim?

i have same problem ,and dont have any idea :-(
0 Kudos
Scholar stephenm
Scholar

I have tested this in both Vivado, and ISE and it works for me. My flow(s) are seen in the PDF attached.

Note: I used my own script to generate the mem files. This script is placed in the ISE project directory

0 Kudos
Visitor robertstrops
Visitor

Hello.

Sorry for bringing this old topic up, but I have exactly the same problem as leofr discribed and I cant solve it. I tried running the script and it seams that generated files are ok, but I can not add them to project as simulation sources (as discribed in pdf). Options are:

Implementation

None

This is what I did:

1) Created new ISE project

2) Added Microblaze MCS and configured it

3) Made a top level hdl file and instantiated the MB core in it

4) Ran synthesis, all runns smooth

5) Created new board support package for ISE my specific project

6) Created C file with code and got .elf file

7) Ran this costume script and got 4 .mem files + disassembled text

8) Added generated .mem files in ISE, but could not associate with simulation...

I also tried running data2mem, I got .mem files, but still I cant add them as simulation sources.

0 Kudos
Visitor robertstrops
Visitor

I solved my problem!

In step 5, where I created BSP, I added wrong xml file. The file that should be added is component-name_sdk.xml but I added component -name.xml which resulted incorrect BSP and no output in Isim simulation. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor andrewcapon
Visitor

Hi Robert,

I have the same problem with not being able to set the ram files as simulation.

I have use the correctsdk.xml file.

Were you able to set the ram files as simulation or did it just work without doing that?

Thnaks for any help

Andy

0 Kudos
Newbie nesta1999

Hello! The behavior simulation works well with your method, thanks!

Have you also tried the post place-route simulation? I have not figured out the solution to port the elf file's information to the Post Place-Route Model generated in ISE.

0 Kudos
Visitor oneoneone123
Visitor

Hai stephanm would u mind explain in detailed on how to create our own script?

0 Kudos
Scholar stephenm
Scholar

Hey Guys,

I have added to the tutorial. The second section

0 Kudos