UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor pitzlf
Visitor

Microblaze Debug timeout

I'm running a microblaze MCS on a Spartan-6 connected to XSDK via a Digilent USB Cable, all populated on a Digilent Cmod S6. For debugging GDB+XMD is used as TCF System Debugger won't work (Message: Download error; Context not found for: ...). XDSK is latest official Spartan-6 supporting Version 14.7 and running on a Windows 7 PC.

After increasing timeouts for GDB (remotetimeout set to 300), XMD Stratup Launch timeout (set to 200000) and XMD Startup Transaction timeout (set to 240000) debbuging is very slow, but possible for very small programms. If the programm size reaches up to about 6500 Byte I'm getting always an XSDK timeout error "Target request failed: Target is not responding (timed out)".

Is there any timeout left I haven't already increased? Any other suggestions to get debugging running again - either with GDB or with TCF?

P.S.

I've also tried to us the latest XSDK-Version running under Linux OS, but there XSDK complians it is unable to find "mb-ar"...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Visitor jaoswald
Visitor

Re: Microblaze Debug timeout

I can't answer your Windows question, but "unable to find mb-ar" on Linux mentioned in your P.S. sounds like missing 32-bit dynamic linked libraries

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/Vivado-2016-1-SDK-launch-problem/m-p/723036#M40206

0 Kudos