cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lawrence.gorton
Visitor
Visitor

Microblaze/UART not working in Vivado 2019.1

Simple "Hello_World" Microblaze/UART project works in Vivado 2018.3. Same design steps taken to build the same Microblaze project in Vivado 2019.1 does not work. SDK thinks it is running fine, no error showing anywhere, but UART does not send "Hello World" to the terminal.

Any idea what would be different between Vivado 2018.3 and 2019.1 that might cause this?

Also, tried to upload my non-working Vivado project archive using the browser below but it will not allow the upload of an archived project. Wonder how I am supposed to send my archived project?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @lawrence.gorton 

There is no any known reason why the same Microblaze/UART project would not work in 2019.1. When you say that SDK thinks it is running fine what do you mean? does the debugger show that the execution flow goes from main to the exit function? Debugging the code to ensure the proper execution is recommendable.

From the other side I would suggest to just upload the HDF file if you are using an evaluation board. The generation of the helloworl project does not require nothing special so anybody could reproduce it.

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
saran
Visitor
Visitor

i am also getting the same problem i am trying to run on zynq board i am not getting the hello world on sdk although i am getting it in putty 

0 Kudos