cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

Microblaze and UART Lite API documentations for Artix implementation with SDK and where to found it?

Jump to solution

Dear all,

I'm working on a design that have a AXI UART Lite connected to a Microblaze soft core in a Artix FPGA.

I've succesfully implemented the design skeleton and tested the UART working by means of the simple xil_printf function but now I've to implement my design by means of Interrupt service routine to manage the RX and TX task in a more powerful way.

I kindly ask you where I can find a full API reference and some example to use in VIVADO SDK (my version is 2016.1).

Actually I've found some examples over the net and some on the XILINX repository "https://github.com/Xilinx/embeddedsw", from the repository under the "...\uartlite\examples" folder I've found examples how to use a interrupt driven approach but this seems targeted for the Zynq platform so my question is if these ones can also be used in an Artix - Microblaze design (my IP AXI UARTLite version into the Block Design is the v2.0) or if I've to search other API documentation.

UPDATE

After some play I've found somethings into the SDK, under the my application _bsp folder expand the BSP Documentation folder here I can see a uartlite_v3_2, double click on this link open a html file with the API description.

uartlite-api.jpg

Going to the local folder:

C:\Xilinx\SDK\2016.1\data\embeddedsw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\drivers\uartlite_v3_2

give me:

uartlite-examples.jpg

and finally into the examples folder I can see:

uartlite-files.jpg

I suppose that Is should be the right place from where to start, isn't it?

Thank!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Microblaze and UART Lite API documentations for Artix implementation with SDK and where to found it?

Jump to solution

Hi drbyte,

> I suppose that Is should be the right place

> from where to start, isn't it?

You're in the right place.

Take a look at the xuartlite_intr_example.c file, specifically the SetupInterruptSystem() routine. Most of that routine is concerned with initializing the interrupt controller & its driver. So if you want to use interrupts you'll have to do the same for any bare metal MicroBlaze system.

There are only two functions in SetupInterruptSystem() that are specific to the uart: XIntc_Connect() -- which associates the interrupt handler with the specific interrupt ... and XIntc_Enable() -- which enables the the interrupt. Beyond that it's all XUartLite API.

Regards,

--Scott

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Microblaze and UART Lite API documentations for Artix implementation with SDK and where to found it?

Jump to solution

Hi drbyte,

> I suppose that Is should be the right place

> from where to start, isn't it?

You're in the right place.

Take a look at the xuartlite_intr_example.c file, specifically the SetupInterruptSystem() routine. Most of that routine is concerned with initializing the interrupt controller & its driver. So if you want to use interrupts you'll have to do the same for any bare metal MicroBlaze system.

There are only two functions in SetupInterruptSystem() that are specific to the uart: XIntc_Connect() -- which associates the interrupt handler with the specific interrupt ... and XIntc_Enable() -- which enables the the interrupt. Beyond that it's all XUartLite API.

Regards,

--Scott

View solution in original post