Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
so-lli1
Adventurer
Adventurer

Microblaze read/write Registers

Hello,

I used to make use of AXI-GPIO's in order to connect a couple (4x32bit to be specific) of status and control registers from the VHDL code to the Microblaze. Now that the system scales up and there are three or four more 32bit registers added, that the microblaze has to deal with, this quick and simple solution does not seem to be right any more (Or is it?).

As far as I know, a AXI - BRAM Controller could be used to break the AXI Interface down to the minimum and allow interfacing registers.

I would really like to keep this as simple as possible. Is there another approach that I am not aware of?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

check this tutorial
http://davidetienne.me/blog/2014/10/19/vivado-adding-a-gpio-core-to-the-microblaze/
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
so-lli1
Adventurer
Adventurer

@balkris: Your link only describes how to set up AXI-GPIO. This is how the register interface of the current system looks like. It just does not feel right to instantiate 4 of them in order to deal with the registers...

0 Kudos