UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Migrate EDK Project - PLB

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I'm still quite new to Xilinx stuff, although I've managed two EDK projects so far.

Now I have a EDK project I want to migrate to another Board and to another Design Tool.

Well, it shall be migrated to Zynq and with using Vivado instead of EDK.

This EDK project uses a microblaze with ip-cores connected via PLB.

Now, I got several problems.

1st, there is no way to migrate an EDK project to Vivado directly, is there?

(2) So I managed to add some custom ip-cores to the Vivado project by using Package IP. ( Unfortunately it didn't work for one ip-core but I have to find out later, why ). Is using Package IP the right way to go?

(3) The custom ip-cores were connected via PLB in EDK. Hence I need a PLB-Bus and a PLB-2-Axi-Brigde in my new project. But I can't find them in the IP-Catalog. Where of how do I get PLB-bus & PLB-2-Axi-Brigde in my Vivado project.

Hopefully someone can help me get a step forward or clear things up.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar stephenm
Scholar

Re: Migrate EDK Project - PLB

Jump to solution
No the tools won't convert from plb to axi per se. However, the cip tools in vivado will allow you to create an axi interface for your custom hdl code.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar stephenm
Scholar

Jump to solution

There is no tool that will directory migrate from EDK to Vivado IPI.

-> There is a Migration guide, see chapter 5

-> http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2013_3/ug911-vivado-migration.pdf

There is no PLB bus available in Vivado IPI IP Catalog

-> PLB only supported on Virtex 6, and Spartan6 and later. Vivado, only support 7 series.

Yes, you can use the IP packager to port your custom IP to Vivado IP

->http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/56358.html

-> However, only the AXI interface is supported

You would need to migrate your IP to AXI, which you can do using the CIP wizard in Vivado. This will allow

you to create a custom IP using your HDL code with an AXI interface.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi stephenm,

first, great support. Thank you.

Do you say, that i have to create(!) a new blank IP with AXI interface and then manually modify and insert my existing HDL files?

Or does the CIP wizard automatically swap the PLB interface to an AXI interface?

PS: Since i currently use Vivado 2013.2, is there an equation in Vivado 2013.2 to the CIP (Create or Import Peripheral wizard) wich is there in 2013.3, Tools > Create and Package IP?

0 Kudos
Scholar stephenm
Scholar

Jump to solution
No the tools won't convert from plb to axi per se. However, the cip tools in vivado will allow you to create an axi interface for your custom hdl code.
0 Kudos
Newbie evanpan

Jump to solution

Hi, 200982.

Thanks for your nice sharing.Have you ever worked it out? But do you have any experience about pdf conversion? I want to look for a fine pdf to image converter whose way of processing is simple and fast. Any suggetsion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Pan

0 Kudos