Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mashman
Adventurer
Adventurer

Migrate SDK project from 2016.4 to 2018.3

Jump to solution

Trying to upgrade to Vivado 2018.3. I import my SDK projects into my workspace, the projects were previously running under Vivado 2016.4. I get the error "arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-gcc" not found in path when I try to build in 2018.3.

According to this link

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/bin-sh-arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc-command-not-found/m-p/879917#M46400

I need to recreate the projects from scratch and import the sources. Is that correct? I have 15 or so projects that I need to migrate. Is there a way to have the tool do the conversion from 2016.4 to 2018.3? Has anyone else run into this and how did you handle?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cch
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

There are too many differences between 2016.4 and 2018.3 to be able to do a typical project import.

I would recommend these steps:

1. Update the hardware to 2018.3
  2. Re-create the BSP project based on the new hardware definition
  3. Create empty application projects for your previous 2016.4 projects
  4. Import the source code into the empty application projects

This will make sure that all the dependencies are accounted for.

Regards,

Christophe

View solution in original post

2 Replies
cch
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

There are too many differences between 2016.4 and 2018.3 to be able to do a typical project import.

I would recommend these steps:

1. Update the hardware to 2018.3
  2. Re-create the BSP project based on the new hardware definition
  3. Create empty application projects for your previous 2016.4 projects
  4. Import the source code into the empty application projects

This will make sure that all the dependencies are accounted for.

Regards,

Christophe

View solution in original post

nwp-100
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

As per your solution i do all the step and inport the projetc.c file form the sources and run as Lunch on hardware (System debugger) for the project uart_led_zynq. 

I am facing following issue.

1. When i type any character in SDK terminal, there is no change in Led display corresponding to the character i type. 

2. when i open the block design in Vivado and see in block the uart port i.e uart0 and uart 1 is disbled and only GPIOand I2C 0 and CAN 0 in I/O peripheral is enabled. 

kindly suggest me solution to cahnge the LED dispaly from character i type in SDK terminal in SDK 2019.1 version.

0 Kudos