Michael_M0
Visitor
Visitor

Multicore-debugging a single .elf file

Jump to solution

Hello,

Im working with:
- Xilinx SDK 2018.3
- Avnet Ultra96 (Xilinx UltraScale+ MPSoC ZU3EG)

I'm writing an application and want all 4 Cortex-A53 to execute (nearly) the same code. First, core 0 starts and initializes the other three cores. However, debugging with the Xilinx System Debugger seems a bit complicated, as I can only select the .elf file for core 0. When I switch to the other three cores, the debug information is not available.

Is there a way to use the same .elf file in one debug session for all 4 Cortex-A53 cores?

Or is even executing the same code by multiple cores a bad idea due to some hardware restrictions I'm not aware of?

Best regards,
Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericv
Scholar
Scholar

@Michael_M0 , in the debug, right click on the core you want to load the symbols and you will see you can load the symbols - it's your elf file.

If the L1 caches are set for SMP and the MMU of all cores map the same memory you will be OK..

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ericv
Scholar
Scholar

@Michael_M0 , in the debug, right click on the core you want to load the symbols and you will see you can load the symbols - it's your elf file.

If the L1 caches are set for SMP and the MMU of all cores map the same memory you will be OK..

View solution in original post

Michael_M0
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @ericv ,

Thanks, it worked. But I've expected such a setting in the debugger settings. (edit: It is contained in the debugger settings. How could miss this? my fail.)

Also, I need to take a look if and where this setting is saved, so that it doesn't get lost when I save the project or pass it to someone else.

Thanks so far.

Regards,
Michael

0 Kudos