UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer wuchy143
Observer

New to FPGA's & Microblaze

Hi All,

I"ve done some simple projects to get used to the FPGA environment and verilog. Projects included a digital music box and then I was able to find a lab online to use picoblaze to blink some LED's and display my name on the LCD on the dev board. I feel like I"m ready to move onto MICROBLAZE as my mentor said that is my next step if I want to hopefully get a job doing this stuff one day :) I"m currently a hardware engineer doing very simple designs for keyboards/trackballs/joysticks by day and try to learn FPGA's in my free time. So far so good. 

Does anyone know of some tuturials which will get me started with Microblaze on my Spartan 3an dev board? I have found some online but are out of date and are not the same version of Xilinx's EDK. Or better yet. Does anyone have some sites or anything to hopefully get this noob up to speed? Thanks all!

-mike

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: New to FPGA's & Microblaze

What is the version of the tools that you are using? I have some tutorials for 9.2 and 10.1 which might be helpful to you.

0 Kudos
Observer wuchy143
Observer

hmm. bummer. My dev board came with ISE and EDK 9.1 but I was unable to get the EDK to load on my computer. I may have to try again if I can't find any usefull ones for the 12.1. Xilinx's website is a bit buggy. 

I would definitely like to take a look at your tutorials. Where may I find them? 

Thanks

-mike

0 Kudos

Some of these are not exactly targeted at your hardware/software, but In my opinion they should help you

Try searching for the following documents in google:

edk10_ctt.pdf

EDK_92_MB_Tutorial.pdf

mb_3.2_tut.pdf (this one is very ancient)

edk10_est_rm.pdf

edk10_getstarted.pdf

I have some other files as well but I can't attach them all here and they would be difficult to find for you because I have renamed them since I downloaded them.

0 Kudos
Observer wuchy143
Observer

thanks ninja. Much appreciated!!

0 Kudos