UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant heiyux
Participant

No Elf file associated with target - Vivado 2016.4

Jump to solution

I just upgraded to Vivado 16.4, and found when I Run (Launch on hardware with GDB) in SDK it came up with the "No Elf file associated with target".

Someone has the same problem when upgrade to 2016.4 has already post in Embedded Development Tools board, but No one answered:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/No-Elf-file-associated-with-target-Vivado-2016-4/m-p/739875

So I post here again, hope someone can help.

Thanks!

Day

360截图-7423697.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: No Elf file associated with target - Vivado 2016.4

Jump to solution

Hi,

mwr command in xmd doesn't support -force option, hence the error, but the error message appears to be bogus. You can remove the -force option from the script or use system debugger (right-click on the application, select Debug As -> Launch on Hardware (System Debugger)). We'll get Vivado export to remove -force option from ps7_init scripts.

Update: AR to get past the issue

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/68503.html

10 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Just ran into the same issue. Seems Xilinx once again released unstable software. Will create yet ANOTHER thread, hoping that someone has discovered a fix, or maybe a moderator can help.

Jump to solution

Same Problem here. Figured out, if I copy the old tcl file, i can replace it and it seems to work. But not sure if I create other problems with it.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Dang, glad that worked for you. I'm still in search of a solution, even after rolling back to 2016.3 :(

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

mwr command in xmd doesn't support -force option, hence the error, but the error message appears to be bogus. You can remove the -force option from the script or use system debugger (right-click on the application, select Debug As -> Launch on Hardware (System Debugger)). We'll get Vivado export to remove -force option from ps7_init scripts.

Update: AR to get past the issue

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/68503.html

Highlighted
Observer bsnplus
Observer

Jump to solution

Hello, I am also experiencing the same phenomenon in Vivado 2016.4

In addtion, I am in similar situation when using system debugger.

The error message is as below.

14:27:50 ERROR : Memory read error at 0xF80007D0. Invalid DAP ACK value: 6

My windows is Win 10 and it's my first time installation of Vivado and SDK.

I have tried to install the Vivado in another PC but got the same result.

If this was not resulted from my fault, what 's the cause?

Please help me.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same problem and there is obviously no solution. I do not want to go back to a previous version of vivado. Has anyone a working solution??

VivSDKError.jpg
0 Kudos
Observer bsnplus
Observer

Jump to solution

Oh, I figured it out why this is happening.

In my case, my power supply was not providing enough current because I set the current limit with 0.3A.

In normal case, our board required around 0.2A. However, for loading the SDK project properly,

above 0.5A of current  is required. I managed to notice it after taking 5 days.

I think it's not the whole case but it would help other people suffering from the problem.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I just encountered this issue switching to 2016.4, replaced the script and it now seems to be working.  I see that there is an xmdterm.tcl script in the Petalinux installation also.  Will that one also need to be changed?  Is it the same script, so I can just copy the one I just updated in SDK?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, plx uses the same script as SDK, so you should be able to replace it. However, plx has switched to xsdb, so it may not be using xmd at all

0 Kudos
Newbie nikithsai

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm using ubuntu16.04 version. I'm not able to find the Scripts folder in SDK. Please help to how to get through this error. I cant upgrade my Vivado 2016.4 to latest version.

Thanks in advance

Nikith.

0 Kudos