cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lbpxilinx
Observer
Observer

No serial port available in SDK (Ubuntu)

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am running my first "Hello world" program onto a Digilient Zybo board using Vivado 2015.2 running on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

I have created a simple flashing led hardware program which I have been able to upload to the Zybo board and this works fine. The led is flashing away at the expected rate.

In the SDK I have create a simple "Hello world" program that prints out "Hello world" to the terminal every 1 second. The program compiles and appears to be running on the Zybo board.

Now I want to see the printout in the terminal window inside the SDK module. I have successfully done this before in the Windows 7 Vivado/SDK. When I choose the terminals settings the Terminal Settings dialog box appears. I my Windows 7 version I normally select Serial as the Connection Type and set the Baud Rate to 115200 and then set the Port to ComX.

However in my Ubuntu version when I click the drop down menu there are no options available. When I run the command lsusb in a terminal I see the following:-

Bus 003 Device 006: ID 0403:6010 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT2232C Dual USB-UART/FIFO IC

Therefore I don't think its a driver issue. I have looked at other similar posts on the Xilinx Community Forum and the work arounds seemed to be quite involved.

I there a quick fix for this?

If not could some one please point me in the right direction.

Thanks very much,

Lincoln

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lbpxilinx
Observer
Observer

I ended up installing and using Minicom instead of the terminal in Xilinx SDX (Linux 64bit version) and it seems to be working.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lbpxilinx
Observer
Observer

I am still working on this problem.

0 Kudos
lbpxilinx
Observer
Observer

I ended up installing and using Minicom instead of the terminal in Xilinx SDX (Linux 64bit version) and it seems to be working.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
raghuram1a
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

Currently iam facing same problem  not able to see the output of hello world sample program on sdk terminal on linux .could you guide me steps how to see in minicom output

Thanks,

Raghuram

0 Kudos