Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hedded
Visitor
Visitor

Peripheral ID on a bus.

Jump to solution
Hi !

In EDK, can I know (or set) the id of an peripheral (slave/master) on a bus (multi-slaves and/or multi-masters).

For example, the opb bus is multi-masters, each has an ID (from 0 to 3 when 4 masters on the bus). this ID correpond to the pins the master is connected to the OPB bus (OPB_Request (or any other signal) is a 4 signal vector and each master is connect to a  signal (master 0 to signal 0, ...)
In the OPB, we can use those ID to control the priority between the masters (for example between several microblaze/dma/...).

I don't find which master has which ID in EDK, anybody knows how I can do that ?
Is there some defined macro like addresses in xparameters.h ?

I take example on the OPB masters, but i think things are identical with other bus with masters or slave.

I'm currently using EDK 8.1.

Message Edited by hedded on 04-09-2008 04:59 PM
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chadn_na
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Take a look at psf_rm.pdf in your EDK docs directory.  Search for the Local Bus Parameter "Position"

You can either set the POSITION parameter otherwise the priority is based on the position of the core in the MHS file, where the top of the MHS has the highest priority and the bottom has the lowest.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
cvdelsen
Observer
Observer

If your EDK system is part of a larger project in ISE, then you can use the "View RTL Schematic" process. Look for the OPB instance and check to which master the OPBMGrant[0], OPBMGrant[1], ... ports of the OPB instance are connected. Alternatively, you can check the Mrequest[0], Mrequest[1], ... ports.

To view these connections in a text file, have a look at the project_name.vhd file in the implementation folder and look for the signals listed above. This method is also useful when your EDK system is not part of a larger ISE project.

Message Edited by cvdelsen on 09-04-2008 07:42 AM
0 Kudos
Chadn_na
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Take a look at psf_rm.pdf in your EDK docs directory.  Search for the Local Bus Parameter "Position"

You can either set the POSITION parameter otherwise the priority is based on the position of the core in the MHS file, where the top of the MHS has the highest priority and the bottom has the lowest.

View solution in original post