cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Peripheral Import/EDK Build Problems: ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block ... could not be resolved

Dear Xilinx minded people:

I have an EDK design in xps 12.4 .  I created a fifo in ISE Project Navigator 12.4 using CORE Generator called "myfifo".  I then imported "myfifo" into my EDK design using the peripheral import feature of xps (I pointed it to the VHLD wrapper file that ISE generated).  I instantiated it in xps, called it "data0_fifo" and connected it.  Everthing seems to be fine except I get the following error when I try to build:

ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block 'data0_fifo/data0_fifo' with type 'myfifo'
   could not be resolved. A pin name misspelling can cause this, a missing edif
   or ngc file, case mismatch between the block name and the edif or ngc file
   name, or the misspelling of a type name. Symbol 'myfifo' is not supported in
   target 'virtex5'.

I am not sure if this has anything to do with my problem, but the only thing that I can think of is that xps needs more that just the wrapper file that I imported for "myfifo".  I noticed that myfifo.vhd, the file that I imported into xps, has the line in it:

for all : wrapped_myfifo use entity XilinxCoreLib.fifo_generator_v7_2(behavioral)

Do I have to somehow point xps to XilinxCoreLib.fifo_generator_v7_2(behavioral) also?

Is there anything else that I have to import for this to work?  Or should xps be able to deal with it?

Can anyone help me?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Try to follow this procedure as mentioned in this AR http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/22882.htm

Thnx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos