UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer ltovey
Observer

Peripheral Import/EDK Build Problems: ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block ... could not be resolved

Dear Xilinx minded people:

I have an EDK design in xps 12.4 .  I created a fifo in ISE Project Navigator 12.4 using CORE Generator called "myfifo".  I then imported "myfifo" into my EDK design using the peripheral import feature of xps (I pointed it to the VHLD wrapper file that ISE generated).  I instantiated it in xps, called it "data0_fifo" and connected it.  Everthing seems to be fine except I get the following error when I try to build:

ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block 'data0_fifo/data0_fifo' with type 'myfifo'
   could not be resolved. A pin name misspelling can cause this, a missing edif
   or ngc file, case mismatch between the block name and the edif or ngc file
   name, or the misspelling of a type name. Symbol 'myfifo' is not supported in
   target 'virtex5'.

I am not sure if this has anything to do with my problem, but the only thing that I can think of is that xps needs more that just the wrapper file that I imported for "myfifo".  I noticed that myfifo.vhd, the file that I imported into xps, has the line in it:

for all : wrapped_myfifo use entity XilinxCoreLib.fifo_generator_v7_2(behavioral)

Do I have to somehow point xps to XilinxCoreLib.fifo_generator_v7_2(behavioral) also?

Is there anything else that I have to import for this to work?  Or should xps be able to deal with it?

Can anyone help me?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Peripheral Import/EDK Build Problems: ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block ... could not be resolved

Hi,

Try to follow this procedure as mentioned in this AR http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/22882.htm

Thnx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos