UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Petalinux 2017.4 boot from SD with ext4 rootfs

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Petalinux 2017.4 boot from SD with ext4 rootfs

Hello,

currently I use Digilent/Zedboard with Petalinux 2017.2.

As noted in "Configuring SD Card ext filesystem Boot" section of "PetaLinux Tools
Documentation. Reference Guide" I change Image Packaging Configuration to SD card through running petalinux-config.  But!   No changes appear in file "<plnx-proj-root>/components/plnx_workspace/device-tree-generatio
n/system-conf.dtsi" as expected.

Furthermore, I manually added "root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait" to   "<plnx-proj-root>/components/plnx_workspace/device-tree-generation/system-conf.dtsi" and upload BOOT.bin and image.ub to SD card.  In that case Linux kernel stops on "Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2..."

What am I doing wrong?

Please, redirect me to appropriate forum if i have chosen an improper one.

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer

Re: Petalinux 2017.4 boot from SD with ext4 rootfs

Hi @mishuk

I think the issue lie behind the Card Detect. If the Card detect is not high, it will keep on wait for the SD card. Check the Vivado design for CD.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks 

Madhu

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

Hi @mishuk

I think the issue lie behind the Card Detect. If the Card detect is not high, it will keep on wait for the SD card. Check the Vivado design for CD.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Thanks 

Madhu

Observer

never edit auto generated files , for user over riding, put them in project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/device-tree/files/system-user.dtsi and over ride the node.

Visitor

Thank you for your advise!