Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mishuk
Participant
Participant

Petalinux 2017.4 boot from SD with ext4 rootfs

Jump to solution

Hello,

currently I use Digilent/Zedboard with Petalinux 2017.2.

As noted in "Configuring SD Card ext filesystem Boot" section of "PetaLinux Tools
Documentation. Reference Guide" I change Image Packaging Configuration to SD card through running petalinux-config.  But!   No changes appear in file "<plnx-proj-root>/components/plnx_workspace/device-tree-generatio
n/system-conf.dtsi" as expected.

Furthermore, I manually added "root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait" to   "<plnx-proj-root>/components/plnx_workspace/device-tree-generation/system-conf.dtsi" and upload BOOT.bin and image.ub to SD card.  In that case Linux kernel stops on "Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2..."

What am I doing wrong?

Please, redirect me to appropriate forum if i have chosen an improper one.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
madhu.mami60
Explorer
Explorer

Hi @mishuk

I think the issue lie behind the Card Detect. If the Card detect is not high, it will keep on wait for the SD card. Check the Vivado design for CD.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks 

Madhu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
madhu.mami60
Explorer
Explorer

Hi @mishuk

I think the issue lie behind the Card Detect. If the Card detect is not high, it will keep on wait for the SD card. Check the Vivado design for CD.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Thanks 

Madhu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
vineethc
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

never edit auto generated files , for user over riding, put them in project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/device-tree/files/system-user.dtsi and over ride the node.

0 Kudos
mishuk
Participant
Participant
Thank you for your advise!
0 Kudos