cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Petalinux offline embeddedsw git fetch fail

I have an offline setup of petalinux installed and almost working. I’ve managed to download the sstate-cache zip for 2018.2 and put it into a folder that the premirrors and sstate-cache pointers in petalinux-config point to. When I run petalinux-build, it says 137 processes succeed but 1 process (related to embeddedsw) fails to get_batch. I can see the embeddedsw folder in the location pointed to by petalinux-config, and I see the folder in the Programs/petalinux/.../yocto/... folder along with the correct .done file. Have I missed a step? Am I using the right file? I’ve downloaded the 2018.3 package to cross reference the embeddedsw folder as well as the master folder from git, and they all look fairly consistent. 

Appreciate any any help you can give me.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello glowlink@333 

Kindly check https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/60129817/Xilinx+Yocto+Builds+without+an+Internet+Connection

Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Bhushan,

Thanks for getting back to me. I followed the instructions, downloaded the downloads & sstate-cache using a Yocto machine with internet access, put those folders onto my offline machine, and set the pointers in the local.conf to look for those folders, however, I am still getting the same error:

ERROR: rfdc-git-r0 do_fetch: Network access disabled through BB_NO_NETWORK (or set indirectly due to use of BB_FETCH_PREMIRRORONLY) but access requested with command /usr/bin/env wget -t 2 -T 30 -nv --passive-ftp --no-check-certificate -P /home/pc/petalinuxProjs/rdf0476-zcu111-rf-dc-eval-tool-2018-2/apu/rfsoc_petalinux_bsp/build/downloads 'http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/git2_github.com.xilinx.embeddedsw.git.tar.gz' (for url http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/git2_github.com.xilinx.embeddedsw.git.tar.gz)

When I do a ls -R | grep embeddedsw, I don't see any file/folders named embeddedsw in either the downloads or the sstate-cache folders. I read a forum post that said that file was missing from somewhere, is that the case here?

Appreciate your help,

Philip

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Bhushan,

Found the solution - just had to delete the downloads & sstate-cache folders in my /apu/rfsoc_petalinux_bsp/build folder and rebuild.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos