cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petalinux programing RPU

Jump to solution

Hi everyone and thank you for reading me,

I'm working on a video processing application on MPSoC (5EV) with 2020.2 design suite. At the moment, I have a PL video pipeline and a Petalinux containing drivers and applications.

The application in itself is pretty basic, it load unload images from buffer and control the PL pipeline

Everythink works fine, but, I'm thinking about my next steps, my sytem will get more complexe in the future and I'm not sure that using the APU is the best way to guarranty the real time constraints I have to support.

I'd like to move some part of my application from the APU to the RPU, I'm getting use to the software design suite but I'd like some advices.

In order to run a firmware on the RPU, should I follow the following steps ?

- Enable Zynq on vivado

- build pl if necessary

- start vitis and write firmware for A5 RPU

- use buildroot to create the boot image and don't forget other necessary elements like fsbl

- On the petalinux side, create application and write application for APU

- build applications and all necessary elements like drivers

- When preparing the SD boot file, use Image.ub, boot.scr and the BOOT.bin from vitis

Or ? maybe there an easyer method ? I was thinking about using petalinux toolchain to create both RPU firmware and APU application but haven't found anything on that yet.

Regards,

LB

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
katsuki
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi boutigny.laurent@gmail.com 

I believe that your thoughts is appropriate. As you may already know, UG1209 (MPSoC Embedded Design Tutorial) has a similar procedure.

Thank you.
Don't forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
katsuki
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi boutigny.laurent@gmail.com 

I believe that your thoughts is appropriate. As you may already know, UG1209 (MPSoC Embedded Design Tutorial) has a similar procedure.

Thank you.
Don't forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post