cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Platform Cable USB II can't detect hardware

I have been trying to get the Platform cable working on my system. It did work once, but after installing some software including several USB drivers, the Platform Cable can no longer connect to the Zynq 7000 device we are using. The Target JTAG is working, I can connect using JTAG products from Green Hills and Segger, but neither of them work with the Xilinx SDK.

When I try connect using the SDK, I get a dialog that it fails to connect to the hw_server and to check the connection, board settings and for the Green LED, all of which are OK. There used to be an option on the Xilinx Tools menu to start the hw_server but I don't see any way to start or test the HW server on the latest SDK (2017.4) or on the previous one I had installed (2015.1).

If I run the Xilinx SDK command line and start hw_server from that, it does seem to connect to hw_server but the error is now "Unknown Error Occurred, Cable is not connected to the Host" with the same 3 troubleshooting hints.

I have been able to successfully use the same Platform Cable connected to the same hardware but with the USB cable on a second system that is running the hw_server from the command line, so the problem seems to be the USB Connection, either the driver that hw_server is using or something that the driver uses that has been updated on my machine and is no longer compatible. Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks

Stan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

You didn't specify, but this sounds like a windows machine.  More than likely, the Jungo USB driver has gotten hosed, or there's interference from the other drivers.    You might be able to restore functionality by following this procedure, but bear in mind that it might break the other drivers recently installed.

Don't forget to close a thread when possible by accepting a post as a solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

You are right, it is a Windows system - Windows 7, 64 bit.

I tried the Jungo re-installation, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I also tried manually uninstalling Jungo before the installation, checking the box that removed the old driver files from the system, and that also didn't make a difference. The driver version and date were the same before and after the re-installation.

I'm wondering if one of the dll's that Jungo is using is different and not compatible, and is not being deleted because it's in use, but I don't know how to check that.

Thanks, but I'm still stuck needing 2 machines to debug.

Stan

0 Kudos