cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Platform cable II works for "program FPGA" but not for "Run" on SDK? 2017.4

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I have a custom Zynq 7020 system where I'm trying to run bare metal code through a Platform Cable USB II.

In Vivado, if I open the hardware manager, it recognizes the Zynq 7020 and I'm able to program the bitfile.

In SDK, through the program FPGA function, I think I was unable to program when I used "Auto Detect" but I'm able to manually see the Platform Cable and the Zynq, and I can program the bitfile when I select them that way.

But in "Run Configurations" with connection "Local" the only option I see is "Auto Detect" and I always get an error that the cable is not powered on or something.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm using Vivado 2017.4...

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Platform cable II works for "program FPGA" but not for "Run" on SDK? 2017.4

Jump to solution

After digging around a little more I found that the issue was because I was trying to use GDB to load and run my code and according to another forum post somewhere, that's actually deprecated. For whatever reason it still works OK with the Zedboard's built-in interface but not with the Platform USB.

Switching to Xilinx System Debugger seems to have solved my problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Update, I tried the same thing with a Zedboard.

I found that with the Zedboard's built in interface, or a Digilent HS3 that I borrowed, I could get it to work but only if I had the block diagram open in Vivado when I opened SDK.

Still stuck with the Platform Cable, I can program the FPGA fabric but can't load and run code for the PS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

After digging around a little more I found that the issue was because I was trying to use GDB to load and run my code and according to another forum post somewhere, that's actually deprecated. For whatever reason it still works OK with the Zedboard's built-in interface but not with the Platform USB.

Switching to Xilinx System Debugger seems to have solved my problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos