Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Problem creating a platform in Vitis 2019.2 with Isolation active

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm having problems using the Isolate function with vitis.

Environment

Xilinx Vivado 2019.2
Xilinx Vitis 2019.2

Configuration

problema_isolation.pngproblema_isolation2.png

Problem

When I create a new platform project with my custom hardware and enable the option "Generate boot components", I get this error:
"Failed to create platform. Failed to generate application zynqmp_fsbl, This application requires at least 168 KB of OCM memory at 0xfffc0000 to run"

No matter how much memory I for the RPU0, I always get the same error.
I tried to reserve OCM memory for the PMU too, but the result is the same.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @javier-rh 

The issue is that when you create the boot components for you platform the FSBL is generated targeting the APU processor, which in your isolation configuration does not have access to OCM memory.

Now it depends to your use case to decide how to fix the issue, I mean, if APU shall not have access to OCM then you might need to prevent the usage of "Generate Boot components). If you don't care about APU accessing OCM then just either create the APU subsystem or remove OCM from the rest (remember that without Lock unused memory option any address space not defined is accessible to any master).

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @javier-rh 

The issue is that when you create the boot components for you platform the FSBL is generated targeting the APU processor, which in your isolation configuration does not have access to OCM memory.

Now it depends to your use case to decide how to fix the issue, I mean, if APU shall not have access to OCM then you might need to prevent the usage of "Generate Boot components). If you don't care about APU accessing OCM then just either create the APU subsystem or remove OCM from the rest (remember that without Lock unused memory option any address space not defined is accessible to any master).

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post