UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Problem: "Temac error interrupt: Rx packet rejected" when first packet arrives

Hello,

I'm trying to execute the EchoServer example but as soon as the first packet arrives I get "Temac error interrupt: Rx packet rejected" in the log. This causes my program to stop executing. I'm unable to ping the device or connect to the port.

So: The program initializes everything perfectly (I've made sure) and no error occurs, the program also starts executing (the while(1) loop starts) but as soon as the first packet arrives execution stops with "Temac error interrupt: Rx packet rejected".

I've used Wireshark to sniff the ethernet traffic and the FX12 never sends anything on the ethernet connection. 

I'm using the Eclipse Xilinx Software Development Kit v11.3 and a "FX12" hardware. The FX12 is connected to the local network using a switch. I've tried different settings 10Mbit/s, 100Mbit/s, 1Gb/s but that doesn't help.

/Alex

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Problem: "Temac error interrupt: Rx packet rejected" when first packet arrives

What is the "FX12" hardware? When lwIP starts up, it sends out a "gratuitous ARP". The fact that you are neither sending nor receiving packets implies that there is an issue between the TEMAC & the PHY.

You should start out with the Testapp_peripheral program and see if the TEMAC loopback tests pass. Once they pass, then see if you can modify it to not loopback, but just send the packet outside and then see if you receive it in Wireshark. This setup should be  a lot simpler to work with and resolve issues than starting out with lwIP.. 

0 Kudos

Re: Problem: "Temac error interrupt: Rx packet rejected" when first packet arrives

Thanks for your reply, Vsiva! 

Yeah, I guess it's obvious I'm not the Xilinx expert here :) I was told that we had a "FX12" hardware.

Two questions then:

1. What could be the reason for the problem between the TEMAC and PHY?

2. How do I get hold of Testapp_peripheral program and how do I go about compiling/running it? 

Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The FX12 probably just means the Virtex4 FX12 FPGA. I was curious if it was a Xilinx development board or a custom board. You are more likely to see issues if you are using a custom board.

To run the test app peripheral, just go to file -> new c project in SDK and select the Test Peripherals application template.

0 Kudos

Hi!

I ran the Test Peripherals program and this is what I get. Any ideas?

---Entering main---

Runnning IntcSelfTestExample() for xps_intc_0...
IntcSelfTestExample PASSED
Intc Interrupt Setup PASSED

Runnning TemacPolledExample() for TriMode_MAC_GMII...
Frame was dropped
TemacPolledExample FAILED

Running TemacFifoIntrExample() for TriMode_MAC_GMII...
Temac: Rx packet rejected
Temac: Rx packet rejected
0 Kudos

hello,

"Temac error interrupt: Rx packet rejected" this error occurs because of following observations

i) Memory leak in code

ii) If a board is connected to LAN, and many of the multicast packets floating around.

The possible solutions can be

increase heap and stack size in linker script file.

To remove print statement in the lwip TEMAC error handler code (xlltemacif_hw.c).

Hope this information works for you!!!

Thanks,

KSR. 

0 Kudos

Thanks!

The thing is that the error "Rx packet rejected" occurs the first time a packet ever reaches the board.

/Alex 

0 Kudos
Newbie cloudzzz

Hi!..

Can you Help.. me like.. 

How you Made the Changes to 10 / 100 / 1000mbps.. in Spartan 3a.. Trimode Mac Temac Configurations?..

Im Stuck.. In that point and trying to Connect the Interface By Controlling the Speed to 100mpbs.. with Half Duplex.. 

Thank you

Cloudy

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

cloudzzz,

Your question is not clear. But I think this is what you want:

in XPS -> software -> software platform settings -> OS and Lib configurations -> lwip130 -> temac_adaptor_options -> phy_link_speed

You can also change that insoftware program. Take a look at XAPP1041.

aminfar

0 Kudos
Visitor kimjoseph
Visitor

I am having problems porting xapp 1041 on the spartan 6 sp605 evaluation board, to run the ethernet performance tests for the temac.would be of great help to me if u cud pls provide me the files pertaining to xapp 1041 with respect to sp605, as i tried working around a lot with the test applications generated but to no result..

0 Kudos